Monday, October 06, 2008
"Not Me!" Monday!
This is a great new blog posting game started by my good friend MckMama over at My Charming Kids.
The following are things I did NOT do in the past few days. Certainly not ME!
1. I did not wake myself and my second shooter up an hour early (at 5am) for Saturday's wedding because I got the math wrong the night before when calculating our arrival time. No, not me!
2. I did not let Jake crawl into the spare bed with me last night so I could get some extra cuddle time in since neither one of us seemed to be able to sleep in the early hours of the morning...
3. I absolutely did not pay a cleaning crew to come clean up the house because it was such a pigsty. Certainly not. I keep a perfectly clean house at all times.
4. I did not bribe Jake into getting dressed this morning by allowing him to keep his binkie in while I dressed him on the changing table. No, we have strict rules about such things!
5. It would have been completely irresponsible for me to simply leave the spilled Honey Smacks on the floor when Jake spilled them, since I knew the dog would eventually clean them up. Two hours later. So it's good I did not just leave them on the floor....
6. I did not halfway hear Jake yelling to get out of the crib on Sunday morning but instead let my mom (who was staying with us) get up with Jake. That wouldn't have been very hostess-like of me.
7. I most certainly did not have to wash our bedspread and couch covers because the dog vomited on it. We have a completely well-behaved dog who would never deface our belongings in such a way.
8. I did not stand by and watch with my arms crossed as my son pitched a fit of epic proportions (flopping on the ground like a fish out of water, pounding his butt into a hedgerow, fists pounding into damp soil) in a local park the other day. And there was certainly not a local homeless man who interrupted his morning shaving ritual to see where the heck all that crazy noise was coming from...
Because if any of this did happen, I would probably be mighty embarassed about it! ;)
Feel free to confess your "Not Me!" Monday confessions by checking out MckMama's blog and playing along!